Around 17 o'clock on Aug 14, Jungshik Shin wrote:

> > On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Owen Taylor wrote:
>
> > > I think the right thing to do is probably just to use
> > > only the KSC-5607.1987 syllables in the Korean orthography;
>
>   Despite what I wrote in my previous message, I agree that
> this is the right thing to do. This may not be an issue any more once
> most fonts are populated with the full set of 11,172 syllables (just
> like Baekmuk).

Ok, I can do that.  When you've both fonts with the older and newer sets,
you'll get ransom notes for documents that use codepoints not present in
the older font, but the "right" fix is to go and get reasonable fonts; the
alternate fix is to place the complete font first in the list.

I'll go dig up a unicode table for KSC-5607.1987 and replace the existing
ko map with that.

Keith Packard        XFree86 Core Team        HP Cambridge Research Lab