From: Chisato Yamauchi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Fonts] Weird Font Bug?
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 20:31:08 +0900 (JST)

>     if (!pfont->fpe)
>         pfont->fpe = fpe;
>     pfont->refcnt++;
>     if (pfont->refcnt == 1) {
>         UseFPE(pfont->fpe);
>         for (i = 0; i < screenInfo.numScreens; i++) {
>             pScr = screenInfo.screens[i];
>             if (pScr->RealizeFont)
>             {
>                 if (!(*pScr->RealizeFont) (pScr, pfont))

  xnestRealizeFont() in xnest/Font.c is substituted for
(*pScr->RealizeFont)().  It seems that xnestRealizeFont()
function depends on installed fonts of parent X server.

  Although I add new font path on Xnest,

  xset +fp $HOME/fonts/

the fonts in $HOME/fonts/ cannot be displayed, and I got
the BadAlloc error.  So I add the font path on parent X server,
the Xnest can display the fonts in $HOME/fonts/.

  By the way, the Xnest uses statically linked FreeType backend.
One of them depends on parent X server and the other does not...
I think that this may be strange implementation.

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~# xterm -fn 10x20 -display :1
> X Error of failed request:  BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)

  This error may be caused by another problem.