Hello,
I tried to "install" X11 on an embedded industrial PC by simply copying X11 related
files.
It works. The "source" System is SuSe 7.3
I deleted all unused fonts, and left only "cursor" and "fixed" (which is an alias).

Then I  coppied a ttf - file which contains several codepages, and created fonts.dir
for it.
The font is there, checked it with "xmbdfed"- tool.
The same application is used on both PCs (written using Qt). On my workstation
everything is
shown fine.
Unfortunatelly only Latin1 characters are displayed correctly on the embedded PC.
I checked, on both systems the same font is used.

Is there anything to consider, if using TTF? Is the file encodings.dir essential for
that?

Thank You for any advice,

Valentin