Luca Furini wrote:
Peter B. West wrote:

Thanks to Luca for his (perhaps entirely co-incidental) posting to the Wiki.

Well, not entirely co-incidental! :-)

I started writing the page some time ago, but never found the time to finish it: your message made me think I really couldn't put this off any longer, so I added a few things and posted what was ready. I'd try and add the missing parts as soon as possible.

Comments, questions, suggestions, and especially additions :-) are most welcome!

Regards
    Luca

Luca,

There seem to be some misapprehensions about what you are attempting; perhaps they are mine, so please clarify this. As I understand it, the mature, well-documented technology is the line-breaking, as in "Breaking Lines Into Paragraphs." Using this model for page-breaking is something that has been speculated about, in particular by Plass. However, in implementing this, you and the others are breaking new ground.

If this is the case, then it is quite inaccurate to describe the page-breaking as mature, well-understood, well-documented and well-behaved technology.

Is that fair?

Peter
--
Peter B. West <http://cv.pbw.id.au/>