On 24/08/2009, at 10:04 PM, Laurent Caillette wrote:

Hi all,

A few thoughts about Java 1.5 support and FOP version numbers.

I suggest to keep the emblematic "1.0" for the full support of the XSLT-1.0 spec. I don't see any problem with FOP version hitting 0.99 or even 0.123 one day.

Java 5 as minimum requirement sounds good to me (while another version with 1.4 sounds reasonable, too). But Java 6 is too high as minimum requirement. Java 5 is still the default JVM on Mac.

Hope this helps,

c.

Java 6 is, as yet, and possibly indefinitely, unavailable for 32 bit machines. Apple's commitment to Java has slackened off considerably.

Peter