static-content is usually layed out after the region-body. Only after a
region-body is fully processed do you know which elements are on the
page and therefore which markers apply. Since markers can contain
content of variable height, different content would have an influence on
the layout in the region-body and could then trigger a "relayout" of the
region-body, possibly causing changes in active markers etc. etc. The
worst case is an infinite loop. :-)