I've got the same problem, using fop 0.20.5.

From within the fop root directory, I issue this command:

/home/joe/jre1.5.0_04/bin/java -cp "build\fop.jar;lib\avalon-framework.jar;lib\xml-apis.jar;lib\xercesImpl.jar;lib\xalan.jar" org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader /usr/share/fonts/bitstream-vera/Vera.ttf metrics.xml

It gives this error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/fop/fonts/apps/TTFReader

Is there any solution to this problem?

Thank you,

Teus.

J.Pietschmann wrote:
Manuel Strehl wrote:
I was trying to use the TTFReader to render a TTF font to a metric file. I used the command provided in the documentary (Win XP, Java1.5.0, FOP 0.20 and 0.90, command: "

java -cp build\fop.jar;lib\avalon-framework.jar;lib\xml-apis.jar;
        lib\xercesImpl.jar;lib\xalan.jar
          org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader [options]
            C:\myfonts\cmr10.ttf ttfcm.xml

It seems the command line is missing a class path entry for the
commons logging jar. You should find the jar in the lib directory.

J.Pietschmann