On Mon, Nov 09, 2009 at 01:57:46PM -0300, Jerzy Jalocha N wrote:
> Dear Peter, thank you very much for your reply!
>
> > You should just needĀ  fop-hyph.jarĀ  which you can get from
> > http://offo.sourceforge.net/hyphenation/fop-stable/installation.html
> OK, this is the file I have mainly been working with, so I should be
> on the right track here.

You are right, on Debian (and Ubuntu) systems these instructions do
not work.

On my debian system the fop script is a little different from yours:

diff of /usr/bin/fop with your fop script
==========
 find_jars xml-apis-ext
+
+# We load the hyphenation jar at the request of the user.
+if [ "$FOP_HYPHENATION_PATH" ]; then
+    find_jars $FOP_HYPHENATION_PATH
+fi
 find_jars fop

4 lines were added. This addition allows you to put fop-hyph.jar
wherever you like, e.g. in /usr/local/lib/java/fop-hyph.jar, or in
~/fop-hyph.jar, and set

export FOP_HYPHENATION_PATH=/usr/local/lib/java/fop-hyph.jar

or similar (the value should point to your fop-hyph.jar) in a startup
script, e.g. in .bash_profile. (I do not know how to do this when you
launch fop from a menu item; if you are lucky, .bash_profile works in
that situation as well.) Alternatively, you may start fop as:

FOP_HYPHENATION_PATH=/usr/local/lib/java/fop-hyph.jar fop args...

You may wish to raise a bug report to Ubuntu, because apparently they
failed to copy these additional lines from Debian.

I am not sure how I should add this to the OFFO installation
instructions, because it is so Debian and Ubuntu specific.

Regards, Simon

--
Simon Pepping
home page: http://www.leverkruid.eu