Hi,
Plans are currently underway to merge the branch with Trunk. I was responsible
for updating the tests to JUnit 4 (much like the TrueType branch), but that
task has been put on hold until the merge has taken place.
At the moment I think the task rests with one of the committers, but it is a
busy time building up to a release (1.1), so I cannot give you any timescales
or release on when it might become available.
Unless the person working on it has an update, I would recommend keeping an eye
on the mailing list for a vote on merging the branch for a specific release.
Regards,
Robert Meyer