Hi Martin,

I think we had a look at this issue at some point last year, as far as I
remember, transparencies aren't very well supported with the pdf-image
plugin. I think the best way to implement them would be to use transparency
groups to that you can better control layered transparencies. However, I
haven't looked at how easy/hard any of this would be to implement.

We investigated this a long time ago, so I could be wrong, but from your
findings it looks like I'm not far off the mark.

Sorry if that's not really of any help to you,

Mehdi

On 6 September 2012 10:46, Martin Edge <martin.e...@intellimail.com.au>wrote:

> Hi,****
>
> ** **
>
> Wondering if I could get some advice on how to address the issue whereby
> if a PNG is used within a PDF with a transparent background, and that image
> is then put within a PDF, where then we rely on pdf-image to convert
> (because ultimately I want to have the output use the less printer-resource
> hungry postscript) – that the transparency is converted to a black colour.
> ****
>
> ** **
>
> Obviously the easiest answer is to just not use transparency, but I am
> dealing with PDFs supplied from external clients, so it would be better if
> I have a way of managing this.****
>
> ** **
>
> Ultimately what I am using this for is to generate flyer sheets for
> printing, where I am taking a base PDF as initial artwork, and then adding
> personalised address information for each recipient. ****
>
> ** **
>
> Thanks in advance,****
>
> Martin****