FOP community,

Jeff Johnston has developed an open source (Apache License) "eXtremeTable" [1] that combines HTML, PDF (using FOP), and Excel (using Jakarta POI) output for the same data. I have not used it yet, but the U.S. Presidents table example [2] on the companion site looks quite good, and I am passing this on to the mailing list in case there are others in the community who are looking for this type of functionality in web applications. Hopefully this can reduce some wheel reinventions. It is downloadable from the SourceForge site available from the first link below.

Regards,
Glen

[1]http://sourceforge.net/projects/extremecomp/
[2]http://extremecomponents.org/extremesite/presidents.run