Stacktrace for FOP 0.20.5:
> TTF Reader v1.1.1
>
> Reading wingding.ttf...
>
> Number of glyphs in font: 226
> Unicode cmap table not present
>         at java.util.ArrayList.RangeCheck(ArrayList.java:547)
>         at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:322)
>         at org.apache.fop.fonts.TTFFile.createCMaps(TTFFile.java:449)
>         at org.apache.fop.fonts.TTFFile.readFont(TTFFile.java:439)
>         at org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader.loadTTF(TTFReader.java:222)
>         at org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader.main(TTFReader.java:184)

I think the problem is that the TTFReader wants a character map (CMap)
from the font and the character map for Wingdings is empty since its
characters are not mapped into Unicode. It's pretty much a normal 8-bit
encoded font which the TTFReader seems to have problems with. Patches
against the SVN trunk with improvements in this area are welcome.
Without them, sorry Riz, no luck.

As a work-around: Use a painting application (like Illustrator or Corel
Draw) to convert the glyphs you need into SVG graphics.