On 28.09.2005 13:43:53 Dirk Bromberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i've asked before a few weeks if it is possible to use CMYK colors at
> the fo document to get them in the pdf.
> There the answer was no. :-)
>
> I want to create a fo document with colors like
> "rgb-icc(0,0,0,#CMYK,100%,0%,0%,0%)"

I've seen the #CMYK pseudo-profile in AntennaHouse and RenderX but
haven't found any reference in a specification. Is there one?

Anyway, FOP doesn't implement the rgb-icc function, yet. You'd have to
implement that yourself.

> I've done a short look at the code and the pdf spec and have much
> questions about the coloring world....
>
> My first questions to understand the coloring in fop a bit more are:
>
> 1. when i set a color (e.g. background-color at table) the
> ColorTypeProperty(String value); object is build for this color or not?

Yes, but currently only with sRGB plus alpha channel (in FOP Trunk).

> 2. how goes this property into the pdf file? i saw the PDFColor class
> which already has the cmyk support!?

Yes, there are some provisions for CMYK, but FOP internally transfers
only RGB values. This will have to be generalized, possibily by using
more of Java's color support classes, if the rgb-icc function is to be
supported.

> 3. when i generate a pdf document and open it into the texteditor i can
> find things like /DeviceRGB when i use the rgb(100,10,50) colors, is it
> possible that my pdf has "encrypted" sections?

If you don't do anything special, the page streams are compressed using
the Flate filter. You can disable the filter in the userconfig file as
shown in a post here on fop-users a few days ago. You will then see the
right PDF commands to set the colors.

Are you working on FOP Trunk or the old code?