Jelka,

1. Set the "LOCAL_FOP_HOME" in your fop.bat file value to the fop install dir, eg: C:\FopTrunk

Cheers,
Roland

Jeremias Maerki wrote:
On 31.01.2006 10:54:55 jelka.kosir wrote:
Yes, when I change "org.apache.fop.apps.Fop" to "org.apache.fop.cli.Main" all works fine except 2 things:

1.)
Before in the 0.20.5 I was able to use this command from anywhere (no matter where my Command Prompt is positioned). Now it only works if I am positioned in the C:\FopTrunk directory on my computer. For example if my Command Prompt is positioned on C: this is the error that is retrieved:

Unable to start FOP:
java.lang.RuntimeException: fop.jar not found in directory: C:\ (or below)
        at org.apache.fop.cli.Main.getJARList(Main.java:57)
at org.apache.fop.cli.Main.startFOPWithDynamicClasspath(Main.java:117)
        at org.apache.fop.cli.Main.main(Main.java:192)

although I pass ClassPath: java -cp "C:\FOPTrunk\build\fop.jar;C:\FOPTrunk\lib\xalan-2.7.0.jar".
Is this OK ?

Maybe I should have said that in my first reply: I have absolutely no
idea how you ever made FOP 0.20.5 work with only fop.jar and some
xalan.jar in the classpath. FOP 0.20.5 requires avalon-framework.jar
which is nowhere in sight in your post. You should have received the
following error message:

org/apache/avalon/framework/logger/Logger
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Fop.main(Fop.java:59)

Did you put any JAR files in the lib/ext directory of your JRE
installation or something like that? Anyway, here's how the classpath
needs to look for 0.91beta:

java -cp
build/fop.jar;lib/avalon-framework-4.2.0.jar;lib/commons-io-1.1.jar;lib/commons-logging-1.0.4.jar;lib/batik-all-1.6.jar
 org.apache.fop.cli.Main

Putting xalan.jar in the classpath has no effect if you're using JDK/JRE
1.4 or later. Xerces/Crimson and Xalan are already contained in the
class library. If you want to use your own Xerces or Xalan version you
need to override the default JARs from the JRE using the Endorsed
standards override mechanism:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/standards/

2.)
And another thing: in the previous version some INFO displayed when I run Fop .. for example:
[INFO] Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser as SAX2 Parser
[INFO] Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser as SAX2 Parser
[INFO] FOP 0.20.5
[INFO] Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser as SAX2 Parser
[INFO] building formatting object tree
[INFO] setting up fonts
[INFO] [1]
[INFO] [2]
[INFO] Parsing of document complete, stopping renderer

Now with the Trunk version there is no INFO displaying. Can I pass Fop any parameter to switch the INFO to display?

The above lines are not available in FOP 0.91beta anymore. About the
only part worth keeping would have been the "[1]"-style page numbering
but logging to console harms performance. As long as you don't get any
output from the command-line, FOP runs fine. You can also check the
errorlevel to find out if anything went wrong.