David,

the reason for the problem is a vertical overflow in the static-content.

Log output:
WARNING: static-content overflows the available area. (fo:static-content,
"Header1, Header2")

It's always a good idea to look at warnings on the log even if they may
seem unrelated. You can also see now why just posting a snippet is
sometimes not enough. Always post complete examples because the actual
problem could lie elsewhere. So, if you increase the extent for
region-before, the problem vanishes. There's no real bug. It could be
said however, that some of the code in StaticContentLayoutManager and
ListItemLayoutManager could probably be improved a little to avoid these
somewhat strange results.

Some technical background for those interested as to why the problem
manifested itself as it did:
Since the content in static-content overflows, it is broken into two
parts by the breaker (same code as for page breaking). The
StaticContentLayoutManager renders the second part right under the first.
Since the breakpoint is between the block 1 and block 2 in the item-body,
the block 2 is rendered as part of the second part. It could be said
that the StaticContent should probably not render the generated parts
but rather the whole sequence in case of an overflow. Furthermore, we
could try to find out why the ListItemLayoutManager did not combine
block 1 and block2 as the element list from the label should not allow
breaking these two apart (because of the image's height).