Hi Karsten,

<snip/>
>>> Yes.

>>> No. Vertical space. If a line is too long it is simply going over the
>>> border. If I separate the block into many blocks, everything works. But
>>> this must be done by hand, this would be really really really cruel.
>>
>> Can you please post a stripped down version of your fo file that
>> reproduces the problem?
>
> The source is a DocBook file. I tried to translate the fo file. With fop
> 0.20.5 it works. Test2.pdf is the output. With fop 0.92 it doesn't.

The problem is caused by a keep-together.within-column="always" in the
fo:block surrounding the block that contains the "Beispiel 1.1 Example"
string. Removing that attribute solves the problem. This works with Fop
0.20.5 simply because keep-together was not entirely supported in that
version.

I guess that the keep-together attribute is put by the template handling
the <example> DocBook element. In that case you would have to customize
that template to remove the attribute. Perhaps there is already a
parameter for that in the DocBook XSLT stylesheets.

If you have problems customizing the stylesheets then you will find help
on the docbook-apps mailing list.

HTH,
Vincent