Hi Robert,

Robert Sleator a écrit :
> Are OpenType fonts really supported under FOP 0.93 ?  The press release
> (http://www.apachenews.org/archives/000928.html) says they are but the
> fonts page (http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.93/fonts.html) makes
> no mention of them and I haven't been able to find any help on how to
> use an OpenType font with FOP 0.93 so far.

OpenType fonts containing TrueType outlines work as any TrueType font.
Refer to the section "TrueType Font Metrics" for generating the metrics
file:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.93/fonts.html#truetype-metrics
However, the advanced features of OpenType fonts (glyph substitution,
glyph variants, etc.) aren't supported yet.

> The fonts I'm trying to use are ITC Garamond Std Book Condensed and
> Helvetica Light Std Condensed from Adobe.

OpenType fonts containing PostScript outlines aren't supported, sorry.
Given that the fonts you want to use are from Adobe I'm afraid this may
be the case. Try converting them using the above method and if that
doesn't work, this is probably because they are based on PostScript.

HTH,
Vincent