Hi,

leeloo5e79-devel yahoo de a écrit :
> Hi Jeremias,
>
> you are correct: RTF is a terrible format. But seems to be the only way to
> get a modifiable document.  There are also tools like which convert PDF to
> Word-Documents. But these tools also had the problem in correct converting
> PDF.
> In this case I'm using DocBook to create complex documentations. With the
> DocBook-Stylesheets I want to generate e.g. HTML, PDF and also an for
> Microsoft Word applicable Document.

If you want to generate a modifiable format from DocBook you will
probably have much more success with the docbook2odf [1] or the
roundtrip part of the DocBook stylesheets.

I haven't looked at either of those. The link below might be
interesting. The DocBook stylesheets allow to convert DocBook to WordML
(and also ODF now, I believe) and vice-versa. Have a look at the
docbook-apps@ archives and the DocBook website.

Anyway, if I had to produce modifiable documents from DocBook sources I
would certainly invest my time on such solutions rather than dealing
with RTF.

[1] http://open.comsultia.com/docbook2odf/

HTH,
Vincent