On Oct 31, 2007, at 11:03, Gregan, Miroslav wrote:

Hi

I'm trying to implement an infinite loop of page-sequences (expecting to spare memory to render big pdf) I tested my code with both fop 0.20.5 and 0.94, but no changes with memory consumption were visible. So I suppose (hope also) that I coded something wrong in the XSL file or in the XML one:

At first glance, nothing seems wrong. Then I noticed this:

I was only using one page sequence until now and experiencing memory problems for average sized report (500 pages) with -Xmx500M already so I though that using multiple page sequences, would spare me some memory (I have a lot of fo element), but nothing, the report looks exactly the same! I expected a page break after each pagesequences in the PDF, page numbering problems and so on, but nothing like that happened.

This seems weird. If your XSLT would really be generating separate page-sequences, the tables should indeed be separated by a page- break. Unless they all happen to just take up enough space to fill up entire pages, you should notice /some/ effect on every last page of a sequence...

Did you already check the resulting FO to see if it indeed contains multiple fo:page-sequences?

Good news afterwards, but on the other hand I still got OutOfMemoryException if I try to report more than 500 pages. Even disabling the total page numbering brings nothing.

Forward references could still be a bit problematic for very large reports, although splitting into multiple page-sequences already saves some here too.

So I hope that someone can tell me what I coded wrong.

Difficult to say. As indicated, I'd start by checking the FO to see whether it actually contains what you expect.

Cheers

Andreas