Hi,

MatthiasR wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your reply. I will modify my xsl-fo files.
>
> It seems that the new FOP version will be more strict about
> standard-compliance of xsl-fo code. I experienced as well
> ValidationExceptions when there were less fo:table-column - elements than
> table-cells in a row.

Actually it will be both more strict and more compliant, and will
provide room for future speed improvements. If fo:table-column objects
are specified they are expected to set the number of columns in the
table. That allows to start the rendering of the table immediately. If
you don’t specify table-columns, then the number of columns will be
taken from the row that has the most cells. That requires to parse the
whole table before being able to render it.

> Is there any information available about differences between FOP 0.94 and
> FOP trunk regarding laziness (or strictness) in being compliant with xsl-fo
> standard?

No, and now that you mention it, I realize that this is missing. I’ll
try to update the documentation in the next day. Keep you posted.

Vincent