Hi John,

John Brown wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Please see the attached archive book2.tgz, which contains:
>
> book2.xml - Minimal DocBook file
> book2.fo - Generated from book.xml using DocBook stylesheets with xsltproc
>
> I tried to convert the .fo to PDF with fop-0.94 and fop-trunk. My
> installed packages are:
>
> DocBook DTD 4.1.2
> DocBook XSL Stylesheets 1.62.0
> JDK 1.6.0_03
> fop-0.94 and fop svn (revision 637380)
> xsltproc - Using libxml 20627, libxslt 10120 and libexslt 813
<snip/>
> Mar 15, 2008 5:57:18 AM org.apache.fop.cli.Main startFOP
> SEVERE: Exception
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Flow 'xsl-region-body' does not map to the
> regi
> on-body in page-master 'blank'. FOP presently does not support this.
> at org.apache.fop.cli.InputHandler.transformTo(InputHandler.java:217)
> at org.apache.fop.cli.InputHandler.renderTo(InputHandler.java:125)
> at org.apache.fop.cli.Main.startFOP(Main.java:166)
> at org.apache.fop.cli.Main.main(Main.java:197)
<snip/>
> I don't have to use the svn version, of course, but since bugs are being
> fixed and
> features added all the time ...
>
> How can I make xsltproc generate FO that will be accepted by fop trunk?
> Probably
> by upgrading my stylesheets? My DocBook DTD and stylesheets are not nearly
> the most current versions. I use these particular versions because they are
> able
> to build the HTML documentation for an open-source package that I use.

Using an old version of DocBook is usually ok since no
backward-incompatible changes are introduced in a series (4.x). So if
your DocBook file validates against the 4.1.2 DTD, it is likely to also
validate against the latest 4.5 DTD.

However, you definitely want to upgrade your XSLT stylesheets to the
latest 1.73.2 version. A fop1.extensions parameter was introduced to
take the specificities of FOP 0.93+ into account (like this page-master
‘blank’ problem), and a lot of bugs fixes and new features are
introduced every time. If you’re not familiar with XSLT it’s the way to
go. Watch also the docbook-apps@ [1] mailing list for help with
customizing the stylesheets.

[1] http://www.docbook.org/help

HTH,