Hi Philipp,

Philipp Wagner a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I tried FOP 0.95beta together with a table with
> keep-together.within-page="always" and keep-with-previous="always"
> attributes, which didn't work in 0.94 at all. While the page breaks are
> almost correct now, there is a problem with the table headers. I
> uploaded a sample document at
> http://philipp-wagner.com/temp/20080504-fop/document.fo
> and the PDF output at
> http://philipp-wagner.com/temp/20080504-fop/document.pdf
>
> If you look on page two you'll see a horizontal line between the first
> and the second row, which shouldn't be there.

This is a bug that I’ve just fixed in the head of the 0.95 branch (for
interested parties:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=653537). Thanks for the
testcase!

> Apart from that, the keep-with-previous="always" attribute doesn't work,
> as you can see on the top of the second page, too. The first row on the
> second page has a keep-with-previous attribute, which should keep it
> together with the row before, which is not the case here.

The empty fo:block in the column-spanning cell indeed creates troubles;
the keep-with-previous technically works (this empty block is to be
found on the first page) but visually speaking the result is unexpected.
It’s difficult to fix this since you can find blocks with visible
contents whose heights are artificially set to zero, in order to achieve
whatever rendering trick.
Jeremias provided the answer to this; if you can also remove this empty
fo:block, all the better.

> Are this known limitations of FOP or just a small bug? Or are there any
> workarounds?
>
> Philipp

Vincent