On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 7:20 AM, Vincent Hennebert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Tom Browder wrote:
>> When I execute 'fop' without arguments, I see the usage message but I
>> also see lots of gunk accompanying an exception.  Couldn't that part
>> be left out?
> Definitely. Although 'lots of gunk' seems slightly exaggerated to me ;-)

Well, 'gunk' may not be the right word, but at the bottom of the help
lines are shown these lines (after executing 'fop' with no arguments):

Oct 2, 2008 7:19:47 PM org.apache.fop.cli.Main startFOP
SEVERE: Exception
org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: No input file specified
        at
org.apache.fop.cli.CommandLineOptions.checkSettings(CommandLineOptions.java:801)
        at
org.apache.fop.cli.CommandLineOptions.parse(CommandLineOptions.java:153)
        at org.apache.fop.cli.Main.startFOP(Main.java:155)
        at org.apache.fop.cli.Main.main(Main.java:202)

So, whatever you call it, it shouldn't be there.

> You can submit a request for enhancement on FOP's Bugzilla:
>> Likewise, the -v and -d options throw exceptions and too much
>> extraneous info.
>
> Agreed for '-v', not sure however about the '-d' option. Actually it

I think I confused the outputs and didn't report correctly.  Sorry.

> If you choose to contribute don't hesitate to use the fop-dev mailing
> list to discuss details or ask further questions.

Thanks, Vincent, I will.

-Tom