On 05 Jun 2009, at 11:10, Nicolae Marasoiu wrote:

Hi

How can I use ImageIO from FOP ?

ImageIO is used automatically (if available), but this applies more to images inserted into the FO, not to the output targets.

I saw no MimeConstant to suggest outputing an Image supported by imageio. The end result would be a transparency enabled GIF, since the transparent PNG succesfully generated with fop 0.95 is not fully supported by IE6 and I would try a hackless GIF solution right now.

GIF output is, strictly speaking, not supported. As image formats, FOP only offers TIFF or PNG out-of-the-box. (see: http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.95/output.html)

That said, I guess one possibility would be to render the result to Java2D, and then take care of the conversion to GIF yourself, using ImageIO or whatever library you want.

Regards

Andreas