Hi,

Stuart Turner a écrit :
Hi

I've upgraded our application to use 0.95 and I have the problem that
documents that were formatted to fit on one page are now overflowing onto a
second page. It seems that the spacing between lines of text, (and also
between other elements), has increased in this version of FOP. I've searched
for some kind of parameter that might let me control this but not found any.
Is this just a consequence of the rewrite for 0.95 and is there anything I
can do about it ? (I notice there are some known issues regarding white
space.)

Also, centre justification seems to work differently in that words are split
differently across lines. In the example documents 0.20.5 fits more words
into the first line whereas 0.95 spreads words evenly across all lines.

I've attached a sample document that displays both behaviours:

quote.fo - the source generated by RTF2FO from a Word RTF document
keyfacts.png - included image
quote0.20.5.pdf - generated by 0.20.5
quote0.95.pdf - generated by 0.95

Any help would be appreciated as our users are insisting the spacing issue
is solved without changing the original documents. At the moment the only
solution I have is to revert to 0.20.5. :(

Thanks,
Stuart

http://www.nabble.com/file/p23944243/quote.fo quote.fo http://www.nabble.com/file/p23944243/keyfacts.png keyfacts.png http://www.nabble.com/file/p23944243/quote0.20.5.pdf quote0.20.5.pdf http://www.nabble.com/file/p23944243/quote0.95.pdf quote0.95.pdf
FOP 0.20.5 is buggy when computing vertical stacking, height and Y-coordinate. Each box is not exactly at the place it should. This often result in an unexpected overflow at the bottom of the body, worked around by increasing the margin-bottom property.
FOP 0.9x is more accurate in this area.
As a test, you can stack 11 lines with a measurable font-size.
Between the first and the 11th baselines (= 10*line-height), you should exactly have 12*font-size (assuming the default line-height is unchanged (1.2) and there is no border/space-*/padding between lines).

Pascal