I'm running fop 1.0 on Linux Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.

I'm trying to use an svg image via docbook source.  When I run the fo
file through fop to get pdf I get the following error as it encounters
my svg in the fo file:

Dec 2, 2010 2:05:08 PM org.apache.fop.events.LoggingEventListener processEvent
SEVERE: Image not available. URI: ./images/era-1.svg. Reason:
org.apache.xmlgraphics.image.loader.ImageException: The file format is
not supported. No ImagePreloader found for ./images/era-1.svg (See
position 25375:172)
Dec 2, 2010 2:05:08 PM org.apache.fop.events.LoggingEventListener processEvent
SEVERE: Image not found. URI: ./images/era-1.svg. (No context info available)

I have looked at the fop info on svg and see nothing that helps.  I'm
running with the xml graphics commons via Ubuntu installation.  I'm
using Sun Java.  Folks on the docbook list seem to have no problem
with using svg.

Note that I use svg successfully in my xsl customization layer so I
must be doing something wrong.

Thanks for any pointers.

Regards,

-Tom