(I have posted this a second time because my first attempt was with my
company email and their SMTP server isn't set up to authorise nabble" so
rather than wait for that to be rectified I have requested that account and
post be deleted and have re-registered with my personal email and posted
again!)

I have a requirement to convert XML files with their corresponding XSL files
to PDF on AIX. The APACHE FOP looks like it does what I need.
Am I right in thinking that I need to convert XML to XSL-FO by XSLT using a
converter like css2xsl before I run FOP?

In trying to generate the XSL-FO file in AIX I get error “The java class
could not be loaded. java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
be/re/css/CSSToXSLFO (Unsupported major.minor version 50.0)” which suggests
that the JAVA compiled and runtime versions don’t match so to confirm this I
switch over to our LINUX server. This didn’t error but produced an empty
XSL-FO file.
If you have any suggestions as to what is causing my problem or on an
alternate XSLT to convert XML to XSL-FO then I would be very grateful.

Regards,

Nelson