Hi Patrik,

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 9:32 PM, Patrik Nordwall wrote:

> Hmm, that must be annoying :-)

It is. :-) I thought it would be more polite not to say it that direct. ;-)

> The first thing I would do is to remove auto process-resources
> (generate-sources) that is done by m2eclipse. I think you know better than
> m2eclipse when to generate and I think it is a too heavy operation to do on
> each save.

I agree.
If you run unit tests that need resource files, you might step into
another problem then: m2eclipse sets "Excluded: **" on all resource
folders when you import the project or update project configuration. I
guess it does that because it relies on "process-resources" to copy
resources to target/classes. I removed all that exclusions manually.
But that's more a m2eclipse issue.

> In my daily work I use two commands, which I think works fine.
> Quick generation:
> mvn -o -Dfornax.generator.force.execution=true generate-sources
>
> You can always remove checksum-plugin if it is causing problem together with
> m2eclipse or the way you work. checksum-plugin is not critical. Its purpose
> is to remove untouched files from src/main/java so that they are
> re-generated. That is seldom any problem anyway if you create gap files only
> when you need them.

ehcache.xml, more.xml and spring.properties are also affected.  With
the initial setup from the archetype one would step into problems
pretty sure, I guess. I found a similar thread:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.fornax.devel/1954

I find the checksum-plugin quite useful. It just seems to conflict
with the checkResources feature of oaw-m2-plugin.

> Does that help you?

Thanks, I can now workaround pretty well.

> I guess we should update the documentation, at least regarding m2eclipse.

A solution could be to make fornax.generator.force.execution for
fornax-oaw-m2-plugin configurable in the pom.xml. It can only be set
by system property at the moment.

Maybe checksum-plugin could be made configurable to only delete files on clean.

Joachim