I wanted to use the ticket change hooks, and found a problem with the
current code. This is how I get the code:
1. fossil update trunk
2. fossil merge tkt-change-hook
3. ./configure && make
I'm new to the Fossil code, so I'd appreciate an advice if I did that
The problem with the code, as far as I understood, is that the old
ticket-change script is no longer called, and tktnew/tktedit pages
rely on it. The main job seems to be done by the submit_ticket
procedure, which was calling the old change hook (tkt.c, line ~625),
which contained a single "return" operator. That made the Th_Render
function call in tktnew_page/tktedit_page return TH_RETURN, which
forced a redirect from tktnew/tktedit to tktview.
With the current code from the tkt-change-hook branch, the old change
hook is not called and submitTicketCmd() always returns TH_OK, which
disables the redirect and forces re-dispalying of the new/edit ticket
page. The ticket is successfully changed or created, but the user
stays on the same page, not seeing the change.
I fixed this by replacing the last return TH_OK in submitTicketCmd
with return TH_RETURN.
Otherwise, the code works well and I can now use webhooks to send
ticket change notification emails, the lack of which stopped me from
using Fossil before.
fossil-users mailing list