> I'm sure alot of us myself included would like to spend more time working on
> free software if we could only afford it...

I guess my original suggestion for a more formal bounty system would be
doomed to fail (too complicated, not in the free spirit) - but perhaps
there could be an lgo page listing companies and individuals who are
happy to do gnome work for money / DVDs / beer / food / whatever ...
would anyone actually list themselves there, though? Would you, Tristan?

I've seen projects like Plone do that... it's clearly an open source
project, but they list quite a few companies that can provide for-pay
support.

- Mike