On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 11:49 AM, Alberto Ruiz <ar...@gnome.org> wrote:
> We should pick our fights, on the other hand, GitHub has released more
> open source code and tools than the gitorious community. We accept
> money from Google for the GSoC's every year and I see no complaints.
> Everything is a matter on how you look at things really.

I agree that everyone should be free to pick their fights. I agree
that you you are free to pick yours and have them different from mine.
Do you agree that mine can be different from yours?

> As I mentioned before, if you want a gitorious mirror, feel free to
> start working on it, I fully support the idea, I'm just not interested
> in investing the time on it myself because I see no much value in it
> (on the other hand, I see the value on running our own instance).

I really don't care much about my code being mirrored anywhere. At
least gitorious would be ethically acceptable, so it wouldn't bother
me, but I won't invest time in this. I see the value of this as a
backup though, so if others want to work on this I say that's a good
thing.

Anyway this is really not what was the most important point to me in
my previous email and you didn't answer the question I really cared
about, so I'm asking again: is there a way for maintainers to opt out
of the github mirroring?

--
Alexandre Franke