Folks,

I need to do a survey of all Micro I/A with Allen Bradley I/O users that
read this list.  We just finished a day 0 upgrade to version 6.2.1
throughout our system, and we have been having all kinds of problems with
our Micro I/A stations with AB I/O.  Almost all of the I/O is connected to
Type J and K thermocouples.  After the upgrade, some of the thermocouples
values updated, some didn't, and it seemed to be a fairly random.  We could
get the modules to go white on System Monitor, and we could read temperature
values, but they would just freeze at one value.  What I need to know is the
following:

1.      Roughly how much I/O are you using on your Micro I/A stations?  We
have about 1000 thermocouples, spread over 3 separate Micro I/A stations,
which I think is extremely high amount for this product, and might be
contributing to the problem.
2.      What are your scan periods, and are you using phasing in your
database, either for the ECB blocks, Control Blocks, or both?  We run the
ECB and AIN blocks at 5 seconds on 2 stations, and 30 seconds on the other.
We are phasing both the ECB blocks and AIN blocks.  With 2 of the stations.
we managed to get every thermocouple updating, we think, by adjusting the
phases of the ECB's to either 0, 3, 5, or 9.  All other phases did not work,
and sometimes even 0, 3, 5, and 9 did not work for various ECB's, and
required much trial an error.  The other station, with a 30 second period,
had no problems with it as far as we can tell.
3.      What station software version are you at for Micro I/A (the version
found in the upper right corner of the station block detail display)?  We
had problems at the station version of 6.2, so TAC told us to back down the
Micro I/A station software to v4.2.1b and add QF 990320 on top of that.
They said v6.2 Micro I/A software had problems with Allen-Bradley I/O, and
we should not have loaded v6.2.  Of course, this was news to us and the
service techs who did the upgrade.  Have you heard anything about not
upgrading Micro I/A to v6.2?

Thanks in advance for anybody who can answer any of these questions.

Tim