It's a Wonderware product...check out the following site:

http://www.wonderware.com/Aboutus/news/archive/010626-ArchestrA.htm

Jim

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 09/14/01 02:31PM >>>
Hey gang,

I just got this in my weekly ARCwire email and thought some of you might be
interested.

[
Invensys Software has announced a new ability to deliver open, unified
automation and information solutions for process, batch, discrete, and
hybrid manufacturing applications. The common platform is build around the
Invensys ArchestrA framework, which has been in development since 1998. It
will be used to unify the Invensys Foxboro, APV, Wonderware, Triconex,
Esscor, and Simulation Sciences products for broader applicability across
all manufacturing industry and application domains. The common
architecture, which will run on Microsoft technology, will offer a
migration path for customers, greater ease of use, scalability, and more
functionality.
]

Let us dissect the last sentence.
  The common architecture, (we're putting all of our development effort
into one platform) which will run on Microsoft technology(no surprise
here), will offer a migration path for customers(Solaris users are in
trouble), greater ease of use (always promised, seldom delivered),
scalability (You can mix and match NT, 2000 and XP), and more
functionality(comes with Excel plug-ins).

At least that's my take on it.  Any of you guys familiar with this
ArchestrA stuff?  I'd like to know what you think.

Regards,
David

To be removed from this list, send mail to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with "unsubscribe foxboro" in the Subject. Or, send any mail to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

This list is neither sponsored nor endorsed by the Foxboro Company. All postings from
this list are the work of list subscribers and no warranty is made or implied as to
the accuracy of any information disseminated through this medium. By subscribing to
this list you agree to hold the list sponsor(s) blameless for any and all mishaps
which might occur due to your application of information received from this mailing
list.