Hi All,

  I am adding an AW51E to our existing 6.1 system.  Our current system
consists of four AW51Bs, four WP51Bs, and three X-terminals on three nodes
connected with a carrier band LAN.

  I have updated the System Definition and created a new committal disk,
installed the 6.1 software on the new AW51E, and created the reconcile disk.
I then installed FoxView 99.2.1.

  I have done the installation in stand-alone mode (not connected to the
DNBI) and everything seems to be installed and working correctly.  I now
want to plug the DNBI into the nodebus and connect the new AW to the DNBI.

*** A few questions ***

1.  The Foxboro documentation covers installing or upgrading the entire
system, but I am just adding one AW.  When do I use the new committal disk
in the other existing AW/WPs?  Before or after I plug the new DNBI and AW
into the nodebus?

  The new AW will not host any CPs or WPs, so it might not matter. The
existing System Monitor that will be watching the new AW does not know about
it yet, so should I use the committal disk in at least that AW prior to
plugging in the new DNBI & AW?  Or plug in the DNBI and boot up the new AW
first?

2.  Will I have to reboot each of the other AWs & WPs after running the
committal disk through them?  I am only adding a station and not upgrading
the I/A software, so I am unsure if I need to reboot the existing stations.

3.  What should I look for to indicate problems on the nodebus after
installing the new AW?  I would rather see a problem developing before the
nodebus just locks up!

4.  What is the likelihood of causing problems on the nodebus with a new
station?

5.  After I get the bugs worked out of this new station I intend to replace
an existing AW51B with another AW51E.  That station WILL host CPs and WPs
and have a System Monitor.  Do I need to reboot each hosted CP during that
process?

6.  Any other tips or suggestions?

Thanks,

Stephen Murray
Asarco
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(520) 356-4230
information. If you have received this transmission in error, please delete
it and notify the sender. The contents of this E-mail are the opinion of the
writer only and are not endorsed by ASARCO Inc. unless expressly stated
otherwise.