        From:   Carlos Poblete [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
        Sent:   Monday, April 23, 2001 5:48 PM
        To:     Foxboro DCS Mail List
        Subject:        I/A - 743CA communication

        Hello,

        We have the following question:

        Can we use an AW70 standard Serial Port (COM2) directly connected to
the
        RS232 RS485 converter (Replacing an existing Digiboard Serial
Multiport
        card) in order to connect the PC to a few (less that 12) 743CA or
760
        controllers? Is this communication acceptable to the I/A System or
this
        system "needs" the multiport card (Digiboard)? This problem is due
to that
        the multiport has an ISA slot, and the new computer to replace the
original
        one does not have ISA slots.

        Carlos Poblete
        Senior Consultant at Bifox

        This list is neither sponsored nor endorsed by the Foxboro Company.
All
        postings from this list are the work of list subscribers and no
warranty
        is made or implied as to the accuracy of any information
disseminated
        through this medium. By subscribing to this list you agree to hold
the
        list sponsor(s) blameless for any and all mishaps which might occur
due to
        your application of information received from this mailing list.

        To be removed from this list, send mail to
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        with "unsubscribe foxboro" in the Subject. Or, send any mail to
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]