Peter Vreman wrote:
The token-lookahead is a hack and will create more problems and
performance loss in a critical part of the compiler.

The restriction of type blocks only is not strange at all, Delphi allows
'class of' is also only in type blocks

Ok, I didn't know it would be a real ugly hack. And you are right about the
'class of'. It is in fact very similar, as we can extend the conventions
regarding naming as follows:

type
TMyObject = class ... end;

TMyObjectClass = class of TMyObject;

TMyObjectList = TList<TMyObject>;
TMyObjectSet = TSet<TMyObject>;
TStringMyObjectMap = TMap<string, TMyObject>;

etc.

One more question: If I understand it correctly, the parser uses a recursive
top-down recursive descent approach and not a bottom-up approach like the LALR
parsers generated by the pyacc tool?

Bram