Daniël Mantione schreef:

Op Mon, 4 Sep 2006, schreef Vincent Snijders:

Daniël Mantione schreef:
Op Mon, 4 Sep 2006, schreef Mattias Gaertner:

Me2.

Just one disadvantage:
The Tag is published.
If someone stores a 64bit value and the component is stored,
the stream can not be read under 32bit anymore.
...which makes it impossible to use streams for anything derived from
Tcomponent, which is really a lot. I don't think we should break this
feature to allow broken code to work.
Really a lot? Can you give examples where numbers > maxint are streamed?

Even if you stream a zero it breaks.

Then Lazarus uses an advanced streaming mechanism, which looks at the size of the value and decides to 1, 2, 4 or 8 bytes for an int64, when streaming a form.

I thought this was more or less standard behaviour.

Vincent