What about a long running (eg daemon) application?

If temp/tail hits the upper boundary of Integer?

(If I understand it correctly)
I don't know if interlockedIncrement gives a boundary error, but if not,
it still fails.
- With currently integer, it gets a negative value, once crossing
0x7fffffff, and SetObject will attempt to read/write out-of-bounds memory.
- Assuming temp/tail being unsigned: it will go from 0xffffffff to 0.
"0xffffffff mod fsize" may return a value greater 0, "0x00 mod fsize"
will be zero. You make an unexpected jump within the list.

Martin

DarekM wrote:
Hi
This is my proposition of algorithm and its implementing multithreaded FIFO queue without lock.
First use array of pointers to handle messages.
I've use it in my program, it works.
I think it may by useful.

site: http://www.emadar.com/fpc/lockfree.htm
source: http://www.emadar.com/fpc/flqueue.pas

There is also generic implementation of the same algorithm. Its my first generic approach.
Any help appreciated.

it;s not so much text, but source is very short, its explain much better.

Darek