IMHO You can't? But you could use a TStringList.

I don't think I could.

Because, in TStringList, you have no way of knowing what language each item belogs to.

You could, of course, work around it by adding a fake object to each item denoting the language, but that does mean a generalized solution.

I also do not know of other apps that could do this. (And it may not be
possible). Look around. Databses for example, AFAIK the most you can do
is define a collation per column.

True. But, that does not mean that those app/databases are well thought out. Does it?

And how would you sort the following example, with mixed collation. Take
the various german collations. ae can be used as a substitution for
a-umlaut.

This is actulaly an arbitary decision --there is no agreed standard on this, that I am aware-- so, each developer can have their own way.

How would you sort data where one source is of one collation, the other
source of another (or even worse the collation changes halfway through)?
It is impossible by definition.

No. It is not impossible.
But, yes, there is no definition (standard).

It would be upto the developer or the entity that the developer is working in.

I even thing that collation is not part of the string. it does not
change the meaning of the string. It is only used in specific
operations. And then it must be one collation for both strings. So if
each of the string had a collation that would cause an issue.

But, my question is --imho-- a lot more relevant to the thread at hand:

How would you do case-insensitive search in a multilangual text.

[this has nothing to do with rendering or GUI.]