Graeme Geldenhuys schrieb:

> That's the problem! GDB *doesn't* support all the language features
> that Object Pascal offers, so some things cannot be debugged. This is
> not a Lazarus issue, but a limitation of GDB with the Object Pascal
> language.  And I have heard the comments about trying to implement new
> features in GDB - apparently you do NOT want to go there!

Are you aware of the fact that Marc already started a debugger? It's
somewhere in the lazarus repository. It uses dwarf as debugging
information. dwarf is good enough for most object pascal constructs, if
it is missing someting, it can be probably extended (I wrote the dwarf
generator for FPC). I'am also willing to invest some time in a debugger
written in pascal because the text mode ide has to get rid of libgdb
because it is deprecated. Using the command line interface to integrate
gdb into the ide is imo no option: it is slow and I never saw a good gdb
 gui front end.