On 29 Jul 2009, at 18:47, Daniƫl Mantione wrote:

Op Wed, 29 Jul 2009, schreef Desmond Coertzen:

This is my first question / suggestion: With byte sized variables being the smallest accessible variable in the PC architecture, will we see a language extension to provide bit accessible variables for the micro controllers?

Do you mean bitpacking?

type  nibbles=bitpacked record
       low_nibble=0..15;
       high_nibble=0..15;
     end;

This is not usable for accessing particular bits of microcontroller registers, because the internal format of a bitpacked record is undefined and can change at any time for any reason.