Giuliano Colla wrote:

I've never found the C++ way (Button->Click) more telling than FPC way (Button.Click), on the contrary I find it cumbersome, but of course you're free to think otherwise.

Huh? Button.Click is perfectly legal in C++... Although it does not mean a dereference, but a direct ;) AFAIK the scandinavian mafia (Bjarne and Anders) did not agree, but both had the same in mind. Since Pascal already used ^ for pointers (pascal is much older than c++) Anders was free to use the simple dot notation to distinguish. Bjarne had to circumvent his reliance on C notation, hence the ->. I don't see the point about your argumentation. "Absolute" is supported, even explicit as opposed to implicit and that is a good thing.