El 05/01/2010 13:07, Juha Manninen escribió:
Why is it not allowed from another unit? They are conceptually the same thing!
The problem could be solved easily if there was a forward declaration saying:
   TMyClass = class; defined in "MyUnit.pas"

I need this feature too, and I like this proposed syntax.

In my case, my classes are defined in a form unit, so I can not have more than 1 class per file (this is a Lazarus project)... I know that I should have more divided the visible editing and the class itself, and I did, with some tricks, but I continue with the 1 file per class implementation. so the idea to have 1 big file is not possible ... and if it where, i will not like it anyway. When I asked for this possibility, I was told to create one big unit with abstract classes definitions... that may help me, but never had the time to test it...
I am casting everywhere... It´s ugly and error prone, but is what works.

So this feature could make my life a lot easier ... but I don´t know how to implement it... else I would do it.

It is with no doubt in my wish list.

Good luck on this

Horacio