On Tue, 4 May 2010, Andrew Brunner wrote:

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 10:09 AM, Jonas Maebe <jonas.ma...@elis.ugent.be> wrote:

Cross-compilers can be just as multi-threaded as "native" ones. This is a
completely orthogonal feature.

True statement but I fear does not address the issue at hand.  You
guys really need to tap talent - there's gotta be somebody here that
wants to solve the compile times... And when that is solved... the
argument of slow compile times as it relates to the reason of not
having a native 64bit Windows compiler will then become mute...

As far as I know:
The Morfik people solve this in their IDE by continuously compiling
your project in the background while you are editing, as a low priority
process. When you actually hit the compile button, it's just the linking stage that is done - which is by itself a lengthy process.

It's the first thing I disabled, because it eats CPU power and reduces
the responsiveness of your PC incredibly.