On Wed, 19 May 2010, Marco van de Voort wrote:

In our previous episode, Vincent Snijders said:
@Michael van Canneyt
  Have we come to a decision about Observer support in FPC base classes?
This would obviously help what I am doing now as well - but I guess
something like that will not make it into FPC 2.4.2 even if the answer is
yes for Observer in base classes?

Is there a patch to review, so I can see what this discussion is all
about? I wonder if something like class helpers is able to solve this,
like Matt suggested. It would be useful for other things, not yet
possible ...

I'm maybe confused myself. I was thinking about Observable, not Observer.

That at least mitigate having to monitor state (in every method that changes
the state of the object) and also keeps no state (the list is also in
Observable)

Observable and Observer go hand in hand. We're talking about both.
Specifically, I want to add observable to TPersistent.

And yes, I have an implementation, it's currently outside the classes
unit, but the whole point is to insert it into Classes.