Martin wrote:
On 13/08/2010 10:14, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
Hi,

Lazarus has a dialog for conditional breakpoints, but it doesn't work. I
tried everything.
* set a breakpoint where condition is: TypeDecl.Name = 'TRGBTriple'

Seems that gdb expects double quotes
FName = "abc"
but then it wants malloc to be defined, and complains about that.

It does support string index, and bool expression:
FName[0]='a' and FName[1]='b'

Yeah, and this is exactly the reason why I stopped on expressions. There is no way to distinguish beween a pchar and a string "string"

FName[1] (where FName:PChar) has a complete different meaning than FName[1] (where Fname:String)

That works (in the watches windows)

it works, but does it show the correct value ?

[Note in Lazarus the expression
isn't properly quoted before being send to gdb. So (since it has spaces)
you need to double quote the entire expression, before sending it to gdb]

It is quoted iirc (or did I forget it somewhere ?).

Marc