Am 21.10.2010 11:00, schrieb Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho:
On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 8:54 AM, Florian Klaempfl
<flor...@freepascal.org>  wrote:
The tests (which cover only part of the cppclass support in FPC) are one
of the reality checks for your hypotheses about the usefulness of a
crippled C++ front end. And they show: crippled C++ support is not
needed, cppclasses is basically not used by anybody as far as I know.

Is it in FPC 2.4.0?

It probably got introduced too late for the Qt4FPC project, but it
could indeed be useful for future versions of this project.

Can they import a class from a DLL instead of a object file?

thanks,

cppclass is part of FPC for quite some time, but it was never finished (well... it isn't yet either).

The small improvements I've done till now (fix name mangling, test static methods) are only in trunk. Also for now only gcc 3+ (including 4+) will be supported (thus no msvc).

In theory it should be possible to use C++ classes from shared object files (at least that's my plan, cause I want to use the Irrlicht library somewhere in the future), but I've not really tested that yet.