On Wed, 2011-02-16 at 11:59 +0100, michael.vancann...@wisa.be wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Feb 2011, Joost van der Sluis wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2011-02-16 at 11:30 +0100, michael.vancann...@wisa.be wrote:
> >> I will look at them today.
> >
> > They all need improvement or a better review or testcases or break
> > backwards compatibility.
>
> The BIGINT or NCHAR stuff not, I would think ?
>
> I'll have a look.

BIGINT leads to a backwards compatibility issue with largeint not being
recognized anymore. (not a real problem I think, but it must be
documented in user-changes) And I think to fix this a revision has to be
reverted, not committed? Which leads to a new issue: we need to add a
test that test for the problem introduced with the revision being
reverted. (ie: recognition of fieldtypes when the first record is NULL)

The nchar stuff doesn't have tests. I don't even know if ftWideString
and such are working at all. The basic tests for these types have to be
added.

Joost.