Michael Schnell schrieb:

Only the ordering decision "inside" vs "outside" of the critical section is necessary for threaded user application. If both Enter and Leave do a "full fence" barrier, I suppose we are safe.

Since the condition is only stored *inside* the CS or mutex, no other code will know about it, unless it *explicitly* queries the state of the object.

When you have a look at TThreadList.LockList/UnlockList, then you'll see that LockList enters the critical section, and UnlockList leaves it. All code executed in between such two calls is absolutely ignorant of the state of the CS, there is no in/outside.

DoDi