On 11-08-2011 13:56, Sven Barth wrote:
Am 09.08.2011 11:54, schrieb Michael Schnell:
On 08/08/2011 10:00 PM, Sven Barth wrote:
It will be interesting to see whether they want to license Cooper,
RemObject's upcoming Pascal compiler for Java, as well; their plans to
support Android as well in the future could mean this.
Of course Cooper would be a way to support Android for framework based
apps. Additionally, KSD (the name of FireMonkey before Embarcadero
bought it) supports ARM Linux and it should be possible to make it run
as a native application on an ARM based Android (same for x86 based
Androids).

Even if KSD or now FireMonkey supports ARM Linux this does not mean anything for Android. While Android does support native Linux applications it does not have a X server. Currently the only possibility for this is to run a X server through a VNC viewer and thus you can not reproduce the usual feel of an Android application. For that you'd need to write a Java bridge.

As far as I know VXScene is entirely userdrawn, so a native android application could just use OpenGL to draw the components. Android also has some support for a pixbuf object in native mode, which I guess could be used for the same

My guess would be that this is the way QT does it too